- Can this get a better URL? wiki.rit.edu? No one will ever remember this.
- That logo is horrible. We have an entire school of graphic designers and that's the best we can do?
- Color scheme is blah. I've skinned MediaWiki before and loathe it now, but I'd rather just use the default if we can.
--Nick Quaranto 04:49, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- I agree about wiki.rit.edu! ITS, can we do that? :P --Daniel Leveille 04:51, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- We have been looking into finding a better URL. After the WikiThon, we can focus more on these issues. The logo was done free of charge and, in my opinion, is a beautiful logo. It was done by a graphics designer, but if you have a better idea, feel free to contact me. --Richard Edward Latham 03:51, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- We wanted wiki.rit.edu. Online Learning has it for their evidently seldom-used Confluence installation and won't let go of it. And I like the logo. It's cute. >_> Kari Marie Hazzard 14:47, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe once RITpedia gains some leverage and takes over Google searches for anything RIT-related (which it will—MediaWiki is great for that) then they'll reconsider. :P --Daniel Rene Leveille 15:43, 16 May 2010 (EDT)
- Finding a new name after Dr. Gatley vetoed "RitWiki" (because of potential confusion) was annoying, I can say that much. >< Kari Marie Hazzard 15:47, 16 May 2010 (EDT)
- The color scheme is a bit off; the orange is a school color I know, but the top-right links look like they're the same red as the "no article" link, so I keep thinking I have no talk page or userpage.
- The wiki could use an extension like DiscussionThreading to make this kind of conversation easier.
- Reiterate the crappiness of the url and logo, though the latter is subjective. I feel like we should use an actual RIT logo or something with a sleeker tiger -- do we really want an RIT reference/info source to be associated with a cartoon?
~Bob Lawton 16:02, 4 June 2010 (EDT)