Back to NTID Student Assembly
NSA Speaker is a student who facilitates the legislative assembly.
According to the NSC Student Body By-Laws, it states
- Shall moderate and facilitate all NSA forums.
- Shall represent the NSA in any and all external meetings that require the attention of the NSA.
- During an NSA session, the Speaker may only cast a vote if done so in order to break a tie.
- Shall be familiar with the NSC Student Body Bylaws
- Shall have authority to remove a person from the meeting upon that person's repeated violation of the NSA's House Rules.
- Shall attend NSC Executive Board meetings to report the latest updates with NSA.
- Shall produce an agenda for all NTID Student Leadership Advisory Group (NSLAG) meetings and submit it to the NSA representatives at the beginning of each quarter.
- Shall be responsible for communicating with any visiting departments/arranging the schedule for NSLAG sessions.
- Shall serve as the NSA liaison to departments and groups not represented by the NSA.
- Shall be responsible for ensuring that NSC adheres to the expectations of the NSA.
- Signing - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
agility; dedication; ability to work as part of a team, confidence; detail-mindedness; patience; flexibility; keen observation; stage presence; self-motivation
||This section requires expansion.
|| NSA Speaker
|| Sean Furman (replaced by Debbye Byrne)
|| Mark Sullivan
|| Chamroeun Dee
|| Steve Reed
|| David Spiecker
|| Aaron Aucoin (succeeded by Nick Wolfe)
|| Ryan Modica
|| Randal Jackson (succeeded by Paul Silvasi)
|| Shaina Ghodsi
|| Taylor Yukawa (Succeeded by Matthew Parsley) (Replaced by Franly Ulerio-Nunez)